TEHRAN (FNA)- The Syrian Army blocked Abu al-Dhohour humanitarian corridor in Southeastern Idlib after over 9,000 people left the terrorist-held regions in recent weeks, implying that the government forces' major operation in Northwestern Syria is imminent, state-run media said on Tuesday.
The Arabic-language al-Watan daily quoted field sources as reporting that the army closed off Abu al-Dhohour humanitarian corridor in Southeastern Idlib which was set up by the army for exit of civilians from terrorist-held regions.
It further said that the army has closed all passageways in Northern Hama and Southern Idlib, adding that over 9,000 civilians have left the terrorist-held region for army-controlled regions via Abu al-Dhohour corridor in the last week.
The daily added that the army has dispatched more forces and equipment to the battlefields in Northern Hama and Southern Idlib for utilizing them in a large-scale operation in the Northwestern part of the country.
A media outlet reported earlier today that the Turkestan Islamic Party (TIP) announced general mobilization of all their fighters in Northern Syria.
The foreign jihadist group made this announcement in response to large-scale military buildup by the Syrian Army and their allies in the Lattakia, Idlib, Aleppo and Hama provinces, the AMN reported.
According to a Syrian military source in Lattakia, the foreign jihadist group has already begun sending large convoys of reinforcements to al-Ghaab and coastal fronts.
The Turkestan Islamic Party reinforcements reportedly included hundreds of fighters and tens of technical vehicles and tanks.
The aforementioned jihadist group is one of the largest foreign militant entities inside Syria; they are mostly based in Northwest Hama, Northern Lattakia and Southwest Idlib.