Translate

Sunday, June 23

Why not ask the rain god to strike all Tamil Nadu water officials dead?

Not that I'm calling for mass murder, and besides, smiting officials dead is not a rain god's department. But I'm just saying that officials should stop treating the Indian gods like chumps. Spend decades studiously ignoring a huge problem and pile on a mountain of corruption, then break a few coconuts and ask a god to get them off the hook? I know what my response would be if I were an Indian god. 

Nevermind, but here's the story, from India Today, for those interested in seeing bare-chested officials in full puja mode making piteous pleas to a god for rain.

Meanwhile, "DMK treasurer Duraimurugan said that there will be protests in Vellore if the plan to give water to Chennai was carried out. Duraimurugan also mocked the state government for performing yagya [prayer rituals for a god] instead of finding ways to solve the water crisis."

********

No comments: