Translate

Monday, June 8

In praise of silliness

After I published the last post, which mentioned swarming, I thought I'd send a copy to David Ronfeldt, an American original thinker who is always too busy pondering and writing on weighty topics to put up a Wikipedia page about himself. He developed TIMN theory, and along with John Arquilla, military swarm theory. Right now they're finishing a book with the riveting title, "Whose Story Wins: Rise of the Noosphere, Noopolitik, and Information-Age Statecraft." 


Anyhow, given that David was nearing 80 years when we last communicated, it occurred to me to check whether he was still alive before I emailed him. That was how I learned he has a Facebook page on which he'd posted this helpful information: 

  

Others Named David Ronfeldt


Speaking of swarming, over in India a farmer got so mad at a locust swarm for chewing up his crops, he captured one then hooked it to a locust-sized plow he constructed then made it plow his field. Sputnik has video cribbed from a Twitter page of the locust moving forward -- surprisingly quite well -- in its plowing duty.

********

No comments: