Translate

Friday, May 4

Not exactly the wrong stereotype

"The wrong sterotype:
Pundita,
The Chinese can pronounce the "l" sound just fine, thank you very much. The Japanese don't have it in their language which is why they have trouble with it.
[Anonymous]"

Dear Anonymous:
Thanks for your comment. I am aware that the "l" pronunciation problem is with the Japanese language. (I am also aware that it's been a long time since Chinese diplomats used "me" in place of "I" in their communications.) I should have taken time to come up with real Chinese Pidgin or at least explain my falling back on Japanese Pidgin.

My only defense is that after decades of pent-up frustration with Beijing's Professional Cute routine in their international relations communications I collapsed in laughter when I read the Stratfor analysis. Then I thought of how the Japanese must also feel about China finally getting into a much-deserved hotseat and rushed the thought into a post.

Now I go to prant -- plant -- that rosebush.

No comments: