Translate

Wednesday, November 2

The way I remember it

Letter 1 (see earlier post today)

Was I in the Twilight Zone during 2002 and 2003? I thought the only way DoD could ensure that CIA/DOS wouldn't pass intel to MI6 (and from there to Saddam and from there to AQ) was by severing channels.

If your colleague wants to call that "control" -- well, I suppose that's one way to put it.

However, I also seem to recall it was not only CIA but also DOS that was leaking like mad and feeding statements to the US press from 'unnamed sources.'

I also thought I saw Bush leading a war on behalf of America and the whole world. And I thought I saw State fighting to preserve the NATO alliance at any cost, including the US victory in the war on the terror.

Silly me; I must have gotten it all wrong.

No comments: