Translate

Monday, April 9

Dave Schuler connects the dots between China, US defense, and contaminated pet food

Dear Pundita:
I've been following your recent ruminations on China with interest. You make a critical point: US (and European) companies are instrumental in propping up the regime and actively preventing political reform.

As you may have noticed The Glittering Eye has been nearly all pet food recall all the time [...] I look at my coverage of the story as a public service.

However, I'm trying to connect the dots between the Menu Foods pet food recall and homeland security. Your Chinese friends are in the thick of things.
Dave Schuler
The Glittering Eye

Dear Dave:
Pundita worried that you were going dotty in the LaRouchian sense until I read the post. The connection you've drawn is a central issue to national defense but I hadn't -- er, connected the dots, until your reading your observations.

I was also interested in your remarks on the issue of China's intellectual piracy. I was particularly struck by your statement that "Chinese theft of U. S. intellectual property may be as large as the total trade deficit (in favor of the Chinese) between the two countries."

No comments: