Translate

Friday, January 1

Pundita Friday Improv

Will return to Syria and other unpleasant subjects on Monday but I'm going to try to reserve one day a week when I get away from negative topics. And give the highly discursive part of my brain a rest.  

All right. Here's the mother of all impromtu harmonica jam sessions -- no amplification, just people who are incredible musicians on the mouth harp. Uploaded to YouTube by Noam Cohen on August 15, 2009 with this introduction:
LD Miller, Brendan Powers, Christelle Berthon, and 15 yr old Jay Gaunt. LD beat boxes while playing at the same time. This is some of the best harp jamming you will ever see or hear -- It took place at 3 in the morning during the 2009 SPAH convention in Sacramento, California.
There was a complaint from one YT viewer about the way it was filmed -- something about the cameraperson needed to use landscape mode on the cellphone camera. It was 3 o'clock in the morning, for crying out loud. Pundita, don't be argumentative. Not on Fridays anymore.

Another viewer wrote, "Still one of the greatest things I've seen on YouTube." This is the first year I've paid attention to YouTube so I don't know but the video does strike me as social media at its best. Pundita, can we cut out the social criticism on Fridays? sigh. This is not going to be easy for me.    

7 minutes



No comments: