Translate

Monday, November 14

"Don't look, Marion! Keep your eyes shut!"


People who've been with this blog for years know I joke around a lot but I AM NOT JOKING NOW.

It's just that I don't know how to put it to you without it sounding funny. But if we thought the U.S. presidential election campaign was crazy, it turned out we hadn't seen anything. Since Donald Trump has been elected president, there is now genuine hysteria, all around the world and here in the USA, about Trump's presidency and the new 'order' he's threatening to bring into Washington, which is supposed to greatly impact the entire world.

Yet the hysteria isn't the worst; it's that every major blog and media outlet is now trying to predict and influence what will happen once Trump takes office. And making up stories about what Obama is doing to thwart or preempt Trump's plans -- or rather speculations about Trump's plans.

The allover effect is frighteningly reminiscent of the Opening of the Ark scene in Raiders of the Lost Ark.

So what I'm going to do at Pundita blog, from now until Inauguration Day (January 20) is institute a total news blackout. Yes, I'm not even going to discuss the Syrian War. In this manner I hope to save my sanity and yours -- that is, if you make sure not to open your eyes, so to speak, or make your only other blog readings about gardening, model ship building, etc.  

As to what I'm going to write about from now until January 20, I don't know. It's just that I think this blackout tactic gives me a good chance of staying sane while millions around me are quite literally driving themselves crazy.

Have a nice sane day. And for God's sake, don't look.



********

No comments: