Translate

Friday, October 14

Shouting at the Angel of Death


"I believe in miracles. I shout so that both the King and the angel of death will hear me and let him come back to us. He wants to be with us. He said he would stay until he was 120 years old."
– Sukrit Thanaboonsombat, 46

Well if I recall correctly I think he joked once that he might have to live to 12o -- in sort of an oblique reference to all the political mess in Thailand at the time -- but please don't quote me on this. 

The photo of Sukrit and quote are from Kasod English's touching October 13 report and photo essay, MOURNERS REMAIN AT SIRIRAJ [HOSPITAL WHERE THE KING DIED], SOME HOPE FOR MIRACLE.


I can’t see anything [of what's going on at the hospital], but I just want to sit here for a while. I just love him so much. The King is our father, is our everything. I knew this would happen someday, but I didn’t expect it to be this fast.
– Ploynapas Uthaijam, 32

********

No comments: